Sunday, January 30, 2011

Loann Long San Diego ... wherein Peter has the flu.

I thought I'd fill everyone in on the details of my latest medical adventure.

First, let's recap just how crappy Briefly WAS January. Shortly after New Year's, I Came Down With Something That Was Giving Me Sporadic, mild fevers at night. This Lasted about a week, Then it Went Away. ; Then it Turned Into a lung Infection: my lungs filled up with goo, and I Spent a week Coughing it up. But Then a course of Antibiotics That cleared up. After That, I had a sinus Infection, But It Was not That Bad, and (more importantly), it wasn't infectious, so I Could go about my business.

I had a good ten days or so Where I was pretty much normal.'d Cough maybe a half-dozen times per day.Have
influenza type A
. "She handed off an informational printout and a prescription for Zofran

(for nausea), Robitussin AC

(for the cough), and

Tamiflu (an antiviral That Could shorten the Infection time by maybe a day).

And With That, I was pretty much done. I Asked for a surgical mask, They Provided me one, and I put it on . I call up Sarah, and she meat by the hospital to pick me up (Even Though It Was two in the morning). She dropped me by the 24-hour Walgreens, Where They filled the prescriptions in ten minutes. Then she dropped me home. I Took the meds and Went to sleep. I suspect That last or So I feel a lot better today.  The problem is, I'm still going to be infectious for a long time -- perhaps a week or two.  I'm absolutely horrified to think that I might have been infectious on Friday.  I went to work.  I went to an improv show.  Hell, I went *dancing*.  And even though I was washing my hands fairly frequently that day (if I have even the slightest cough, I get paranoid), viral diseases are infectious liek whoa.
So:  if you were in contact with me on Friday and you start coughing in the next day or two, try & get a flu test.

That said, I don't think I've been infectious for the whole month of January.  When I first came down with these fevers at the start of t

0 comments:

Post a Comment