Continuing with the 2010 recaps , I figured I'd go over the year in writing.
I'm shocked to realize Accomplished * anything *, writing-wise, this year. Writing Never Happened in the foreground, and my Accomplishments never led anywhere.
Mostly, I just wrote stuff for the blog, Which is just about as inconsequential as writing gets. I Kept Analyzing Everything I ever watched or read in the Weekly Media Updates . I wrote an amusing English column Every Thursday, and managed to squeeze out a couple dozen sketches for Sketchwar . So
Even When Happened absolutely nothing else, I Had That still quiet baseline of output.
--
As far as I can tell, this year had four big writing projects.
First, I wrote a TV pilot spec .
This was the first pilot spec I ever wrote, and frankly it will probably be the last. You use a pilot spec to pursue work in the TV-writing biz, and now that the biz has imploded and I'm too old to get hired, I have no further need for a calling card. But I wound up with a piece of work I was proud of, and I got a cast of actors to perform it on the radio.
Then, I wrote a radio serial episode .
There was no practical reason to write this whatsoever. But again, I got a cast of improv actors to come into KOOP and perform it for their audiencis So Many hours in the day. I'd love to write Another radio serial for the Art Institute, pero I have not carved out enough time to get past the "staring at a blank screen" stage on it. In a perfect world, I'll make the time for larger writing projects in 2011, somehow. If I care about this enough, I'll make it happen.
0 comments:
Post a Comment